Monday, November 20, 2006

Disaster Strikes

Well, had a bit of a crisis tonight. It was really windy today (wind getting up to 40mph) so I thought I had best check on the marquee after work. Got back at 9.30pm to find that some of the corner junction poles at the base had broken leaving both ends of the tent flapping in the breeze!!!!!!

Have just spent the last 2 hours dismantling the marquee on my own in the dark!! Also didn’t know what to do with the canoe which is not fully epoxied yet! By some miracle I managed to manhandle the boat through the garage door using a webbing strap for grip (bearing in mind the thwarts and seats have not yet been fitted. Having got the boat inside I then had to take all the marquee poles down in the rain!!!

Learning point- marquees don’t like Scottish winter weather!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, pain in the arse that was! Lovely weather, glad I'm home!!